Middle Level Choir
Oct. 14 - Nomination Deadline
Dec. 4 - Clinic & Concert @ Shawnee Mission NW
Nominations must be entered online in the KMEA Members
Use the ECKMEA Invoice Generator
to generate a payment invoice.
Send fee payments to the chair.
Shawnee Mission Northwest High School, 12701 W. 67th Street, Shawnee, KS 66216
use the southeast band entrance
8:00 AM - Registration - Band Room lobby
8:30 - Rehearsal
1:15 PM - Concert - Admission $1.00 at the door
ECKMEA Middle Level student participation policy
Nomination & Payment
- Students enrolled in grades 7-8
- Students should be submitted in even quartets. Please register SATB quartets.
- Students are selected based on teacher recommendation. There is no formal audition process.
- Each school may submit 2 alternates. These will only be used to balance the choir, if needed.
- Nominate your students online.
- Carefully check the spelling of student names. The concert program is made using nomination data.
- Nomination deadline is Oct. 14, 2021.
- Participation fee is $12.00 per student and must be paid in full upon completing nomination.
- Checks and money orders are accepted, NO PURCHASE ORDERS.
- Nomination is a 2-step process. Please be sure to do both parts, to ensure your students will be able to participate.
- Step 1: submit your student nomination info when the form is opened
- Step 2: mail your fees AND a print-out of your invoice to the chairperson listed below.
- You may not combine fees with other ECKMEA Honor Groups.
Mail completed registration forms and payment to:
Olathe-Prairie Trail MS
21600 W. 107th St
Olathe, KS 66061
Make all checks out to: East Central KMEA
Teacher's Job Prior to the registration deadline
Teacher's Job between registration and the festival
- Select students
- Nominate Students online
- Send fees to the Middle Level Choir chair
Student duties Day of
- Order a copy of each song for yourself and each student attending.
- Copied music is prohibited by copyright law. Therefore, any student who attends an ECKMEA event with copied music will not be permitted to participate.
- You must purchase 1 copy of each song for each student you register.
- Hold rehearsals with your students to teach them the music and insure accurate understanding of each piece
- Music is to be Memorized prior to the festival
- Arrange transportation to and from event for students
Festival Day Attire
- Bring your music and a pencil
- Bring a disposable water bottle with your name on it
- Check in and get your name tag from your teacher
- Come ready to learn and work hard with a Positive and Willing Attitude
- Use the restroom prior to the start of rehearsal
- There is nowhere to store personal belonging of the students (coats, purses).
They need to be left with parents at drop-off or on the bus.
If this is not possible, it will be the responsibility of your parent supervisor and yourself to corral, store and keep these items secure.
Students are to wear black on bottom and white, gray, or black on top.
Dresses are fine for ladies, and suits/tuxes/vests are fine for the guys (ties are optional).
Teacher duties Day of
- Arrive at 8:00 AM to check-in your students and find rehearsal/concert rooms
- Greet your students and help them find where they should sit, seats will be labeled
- Supervise your students during rehearsal/sectionals
- Help with snack/restroom break/lunch/moving to auditorium
- Attend and Participate in Middle Level Choir Break-out Session for teachers
- Help with line-up and placement on risers
- Double check the rehearsal room for your student belongings