Middle Level Choir
ECKMEA In-Person mini-conventions are cancelled for 2020-21. Auditions and nominations for honor groups will be held online. Rosters will be published.
- KMEA Members site
- ECKMEA Invoice Generator
Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020
ECKMEA Middle Level student participation policy
Location: Shawnee Mission Northwest High School, 12701 W. 67th Street, Shawnee, KS 66216
Registration: 8:00 AM, Band Room Lobby, enter using the Southeast Band Room Entrance
Rehearsal: 8:30 AM
Concert: 1:15 PM
Tickets: $1.00, available at the door
Registration & Payment
- Students enrolled in grades 7-8
- Students should be submitted in even quartets. Please register SATB quartets.
- Students are selected based on teacher recommendation. There is no formal audition process.
- Each school may submit 2 alternates. These will only be used to balance the choir, if needed.
- Register your students online. Registration link will be provided at the top of this page.
- Carefully check the spelling of student names, the program will be built with the registration names.
- Registration deadline is Oct. 15, 2020.
Participation fee is $10.00 per student and must be paid in full with registration.
Checks and money orders are accepted, NO PURCHASE ORDERS.
- Registration is a 2-step process. Please be sure to do both parts, to ensure your students will be able to participate.
- Step 1: submit your student registration info when the form is opened
Step 2: mail your fees AND a print-out of your invoice to the chairperson listed below.
- You may not combine fees with other ECKMEA Honor Groups.
Mail completed registration forms and payment to:
Teacher's Job Prior to the registration deadline
Olathe-Prairie Trail MS
21600 W. 107th St
Olathe, KS 66061
Make all checks out to: East Central KMEA
- Select students
- Register Students online
Send fees to the Middle Choir chair
Teacher's Job between registration and the festival
Student duties Day of
- Order a copy of each song for yourself and each student attending.
- Copied music is prohibited by copyright law. Therefore, any student who attends an ECKMEA event with copied music will not be permitted to participate.
- You must purchase 1 copy of each song for each student you register.
- Hold rehearsals with your students to teach them the music and insure accurate understanding of each piece
- Music is to be Memorized prior to the festival
- Arrange transportation to and from event for students
Festival Day Attire
- Bring your music and a pencil
- Bring a disposable water bottle with your name on it
- Check in and get your name tag from your teacher
- Come ready to learn and work hard with a Positive and Willing Attitude
- Use the restroom prior to the start of rehearsal
- There is nowhere to store personal belonging of the students (coats, purses).
They need to be left with parents at drop-off or on the bus.
If this is not possible, it will be the responsibility of your parent supervisor and yourself to corral, store and keep these items secure.
Students are to wear black on bottom and white, gray, or black on top.
Dresses are fine for ladies, and suits/tuxes/vests are fine for the guys (ties are optional).
Teacher duties Day of
- Arrive at 8:00 AM to check-in your students and find rehearsal/concert rooms
- Greet your students and help them find where they should sit, seats will be labeled
- Supervise your students during rehearsal/sectionals
- Help with snack/restroom break/lunch/moving to auditorium
- Attend and Participate in Middle Level Choir Break-out Session for teachers
- Help with line-up and placement on risers
- Double check the rehearsal room for your student belongings