Outstanding Young Music Educator
To recognize East Central District young music educators for their
outstanding impact on student learning. This award may be presented to one
or more individuals new to the profession who have served their students,
communities, and profession in an exemplary manner. Nominees must have
completed two years, but not more than nine years of teaching and be a
member of KMEA. Any music educator in the East Central KMEA District may
submit a nominee.
- Must be a KMEA member in good standing
- Must have completed two years, but not more than nine years of teaching
- Must have high professional and ethical standards
- Must have a commitment and dedication to his or her students
- Must have met the needs and interests of students, having brought about positive results in learning
- Must have enthusiasm for teaching, love for music, and a desire to further the musical education of his or her students
- Must have shown motivation toward professional growth and development
One award per discipline (band, choir, and orchestra) may be
awarded. Plaques will be presented at the educator's respective ECKMEA
December Mini-Convention concerts.
How to Nominate a Young Music Educator
- Complete and submit the Nomination Form
which must include the following documentation:
- A list of the nominee's accomplishments for the award.
- A short letter of support (signed) from a person who is familiar with the
nominee's work (the letter may be from an administrator, colleague, parent, or
- Your nomination will be submitted directly to the ECKMEA Executive Board for review.
- The EC District President will notify all finalists by November 30.
Deadline for nominations: Sep. 15